When I signed up with Delray, the associate guided me to the webpage where participants complete their digital signature. It is only on that page that you can view the contract by clicking a link. I asked if I could take a few minutes to read it. She explained that I could read it later and that it only restated what she had already explained. It was an awkward moment where I got the feeling she didn't want to wait around for me to do so. She was friendly and seemed trustworthy, so I signed up. I was unable to access the contract from their website. I eventually received it when I had an associate send it by email 2 months later.

What I was not informed of in the initial sign up call was that they withhold your deposit if you violate your contract. I unwittingly violated my contract when I paid off my debt in a lump sum. When I called Delray to tie up loose ends I was informed that I had violated my contract. When I explained my side, he became unprofessional, threatening and insulting. I discovered later that its not uncommon for their employees to become unprofessional when calling to complain. Even one of their managers, Rachel Sherman, hung up on me when I was trying to make my case for a deposit refund. She refused to complete a review of my case. When I told her about my experience signing up, she said that their employees do not push you to sign up without reviewing the contract. Knowing that they record all of their calls, I asked her if she would listen to the phone call. She relunctantly said she would. I asked if she would refund the money if the call revealed I was hurried through the process and she said no.

The other problem I have is that they never contacted me about funds owed to me. After paying off my accounts, they continued to withdraw funds from my checking for two months. I had money sitting in their accounts and it took me calling them to have them refund it. And Rachel Sherman seemed to think she was doing me a favor by refunding the money.

The bottom line: They may be non profit, but they make a lot of money entrapping participants by not giving them all the information needed to make sound financial decisions. Participating with them has hurt me more than helped. The one thing they did do that was nice was lower my monthly fee from $40 to $19. But they still got me in the end. (Yes, its my responsibility to read the contract. I'm the first to admit it. But when Rachel Sherman said that, it's as if she's admitting her associates don't give you the information you need.)

It's no wonder they aren't endorsed by the NFCC.

Ryan

perpetually28@gmail.com

Review about: Delray Credit Counselors Debt Collection.

Had an Experience with Delray Credit Counselors?

Comments

I’ve heard numerous bad things about debt counseling services and naturally was reluctant to give Debt Guru a try.Their employees are knowledgeable and their company is registered and certified.

I fixed my debt don’t hesitate to fix yours!www.debtguru.com is remarkable!